procurement guide - Process routes
In the UK there are eight main generally recognised procurement process routes:
- traditional (bills of quantities; schedules of work; specification and drawings; and the like).
- target cost.
- design and build; and target cost design and build.
- design, manage and construct.
- management contracting.
- construction management.
- engineer, procure & construct (turnkey) - not dealt with here.
- partnering (also a process – see below).
With the exception of partnering, all of the above routes can be used with:
- a single stage process (tendered or negotiated).
- a two-stage process.
- as a process to define a GMP – guaranteed maximum price.